Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Data
The Corporate Social Responsibility Data (6-CSR) comprises of all key variables related to various aspects of CSR activities of PSX listed firms. The data covers 10 years. This dataset has the following key features:
Available from the year 2011 to 2020 for firms listed on the PSX.
Download this file to see the firm-year combination for which data are available in our database.
The data is arranged in a long format, that is suitable for direct use in the majority of the statistical softwares such as Stata, R, Eviews, SPSS, or others.
The data is available in Excel, Stata, CSV, or any other desired format.
Company identifiers include both companies names and PSX assigned symbols
Numeric identifiers for industrial classification are included
Variables Available in our Database
- 1. Environmental CSR
- 2. Community CSR
- 3. Customers / Product CSR
- 4. Employees CSR
Our CSR dataset has a total of 30 questions that have a Yes (1) or No (0) answers. Further, we can augment the CSR data with numeric data from the financial statements of the companies by including and weighting relevant variables such as donations and research and development expenditures in the case of product/client CSR. These questions were developed keeping in view the widely used definition of CSR activities and the Pakistani corporate environment. These questions capture four key dimensions of corporate CSR activities. These dimensions are:
Details of the Variables
1. Environmental CSR
Environmental CSR has the following questions.
1. Any Environmental award is given to the company?
2. Did the company spend any Amount on Equipements for Pollution Control?
3. Does the company comply with the National Environmental Quality Standards (NEQs)?
4. Is the company certified for ISO1400:2006
5. Is the company certified for OHSAS 1800:2007
6. Has the company provided Air Water Discharge Information
7. Does the company have a Waste Water Treatment / Effluent Treatment?
8. Is there any Recycling of Waste Products
9. The company has Environmental Policies or has a Concern for the Environment
10. The company tries for Conservation of Natural Resources.
11. The company discusses Conservation of Energy / Reduction in Energy Consumption
12. Is there any Raw Materials Conservation
13. Is there any Anti-litter and Conservation Campaign Or Support provided to such a campaign?
14. Is there any Land Reclamation and Forestation / Tree Plantation program?
2. Community CSR
Product CSR has the following questions.
15. Does the company care for the Locals or has good Relations with the local population
16. Were there any Seminars / Conferences / Training for community education or awareness
17. Scholarships / Internships / Donations to the Charity, Arts, Sports, or Education, etc
18. Does the company have a Child Labor Policy?
3. Customers / Product CSR
Customers / Product CSR has the following questions.
19. Are there any Consumer Protection Measures / Consumer Complaint Handling Mechanism?
(If information is available in the annual report, then confirm on the webpage that there is consumer complaint mechanism)
20. Information on Research Projects set up by the company to Improve its Products in any way
21. Did the company receive any Prizes/Awards for its Products or Consumer Protection?
22. Verifiable information that the quality of the firms’ product has increased (e.g. ISO 9,000, 9001, …).
23. The company is committed to producing Quality Products, reflected in the company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, or Vision Statement?
4. Employees CSR
The employees’ CSR has the following questions.
24. Does the company have a Human Resource Development / Training Programs/Scheme for its Employees?
25. Does the company provide Educational Facilities / Schools to employees / Employee Children?
26. There are Health and Safety Arrangements for the Employees at the company.
27. Pension Schemes for its Employees / Contribution to Provident Funds? / Workers Welfare Fund?
28. Compensation of workers according to Market or at least legal Minimum Wages
29. There is a discussion on Equal Opportunity / Anti-discrimination policies
30. Discussion on the company’s relationship with trade unions and/or works
Pricing of the CSR Data
We offer this data with two options:
- CSR Index data
- CSR Items Data
1. CSR Index Data
For the CSR index, the total score is calculated of the CSR points for each company in a given year. The fee for this dataset is Rs 10000 for 100 companies for 5 years. With a discount of Rs 5000, for 200 firms, the fee would be Rs 15000 for five years. And with further discount, the fee is Rs. 25000 for 200 firms and 10 years of data.
2. CSR Items Data
We also allow access to the dataset at the items / Questions level. This means you shall get the YES / NO for each item of the CSR. The fee is Rs 15000 for 100 companies for 5 years. With a discount of Rs 5000, for 200 firms, the fee would be Rs 25000 for five years. And with further discount, the fee is Rs. 40000 for 200 firms and 10 years of data.
To place your order, please click the Place Order tab to the left.
The data is available in MySQL database and can be arranged in any format depending on the requirements. As an example of how the data looks like, see a record from the database for a few entries for the year 2018. The data is presented in the earlier mentioned four groups of CSR activities.
The Environmental Questions:
Community (cm) and Consumer-Product(cp)
Some error has occured.